Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I just voted.

It was my first time voting in a National election. In 2000 I was one of those South Park morons.

"What's the difference. My vote doesn't count. It'll be, like, a rich white guy either way. Yada yada"

Well, let's just say a combination of growing a brain, living through nearly 4 years of the Orwell administration, and moving to a swing state took care of all that. You can guess how I voted.

I wasn't prepared for how powerful it would feel to do the deed. Awesome.

The whole experience was great and kind of heartening. It took me an hour to vote and the place was packed. Diverse crowd. MoveOn Pac was there. They seemed pretty organized and professional, even if one of them looked like Jeff Lynne from ELO.


I had been back in my apartment for a whole 10 minutes when the same Move On folks knocked on my door to check if I had voted.

The fact that I had only been contacted before the election by Move On and Dem-leaning groups, even including a robocall from Kirsten Dunst, was heartening. I live in THE swing state (FL) in THE swing region (I-4 corridor). If the Dem and Dem-leaning ground game is so dominant here, I feel very good about our chances.

ROCK ON!